Friday, January 7, 2011

Anurag Kashyap's GANGS OF WASSEYPUR Will Have Some Surprises

Amplify’d from www.bollywoodchaska.com
Anurag Kashyap's GANGS OF WASSEYPUR Will Have Some Surprises
Anurag Kashyap's GANGS OF WASSEYPUR Will Have Some Surprises
With movies like BLACK FRIDAY, NO SMOKING and DEV D, Anurag Kashyap has proved one thing, that he is not a normal everyday Bollywood director. His preference for dark movies is immense and he will continue making them until he is in this industry. And for such a unique director it was obvious to cast unique people for his films. That’s exactly what Anurag would be seen doing in his next film GANGS OF WASSEYPUR, now being shot in Varanasi.
The film is an out and out political film probably based on the real life story of Bihar's charge-sheeted politician Surajbhan Singh, wanted for several alleged crimes and convicted in 2008 for murder. The movie would be based completely in the northern belt of Bihar and the characters too would be dressed up as politicians and people there.Anurag has supposedly signed in actor and friend Manoj Bajpai and surprise package Director Tigmanshu Dhulia, playing the role of Surajbhan Singh.Asked about his transition from direction to acting, Tigmanshu says "I don't know why Anurag thought of me for the main villain's role. Maybe I look evil. I am a trained actor from the National School of Drama. But I hadn't done any acting for twenty years. I thought I was bad actor, until last year when I acted in a diploma film for Subhash Ghai's Whistling Woods acting school. It was then that I thought arrey yaar main acting kar sakta hoon." Coincidentally, Anurag Kashyap's offer came along. "It's a major role. Anurag's film is in two parts. And I am in both. Maybe one of my temptations to take up the offer was the fact that I am very familiar with the North Indian Bihar-UP belt."Asked about his feelings on enacting the dreaded politician Surajbhan Singh he aptly replies “So I've heard. But I've not copied Surajbhan Singh. I am dressed like a Bihari politician in Dhoti-Kurta. But I haven't copied anyone. I'm playing the part in a very subtle style with dark shades. I am not doing over-the-top villainy."
Read more at www.bollywoodchaska.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment